10 Major Differences Between Rich and Poor People
I've been rich and I’ve been poor. I know both sides very well.
Growing up poor, I knew that I wanted to be rich. At the age of 24, I earned my first million dollars. I came a long way and studied the subject all of my life. Over time, I have discovered that if you're not living in prosperity, you're living in poverty.
Wealth is a choice that we must all make. Bill Gates once said, "It's not your fault if you were born poor, but it’s your fault if you die poor." There's no reason why you should live in poverty. Wealth is waiting for you, but you have to make up your mind if you want it in your life.
For a long time, I struggled to believe that I could eventually become rich. It wasn't until I observed the differences in thoughts and actions between the "haves" and the "have-nots."
Here are 10 major differences between rich and poor people: ( behavior )
- 1a. Poor people are skeptical ( 窮人易懷疑態度 )
- I distinctly remember a former coworker of mine saying, "Those mechanics are a rip-off! They're always looking for the weak people. They'll charge you when you're not looking!!" He thought that everyone unjustly wanted his money and that everyone is out there to get him.
- 1b. Rich people are trusting ( 富人信任人 )
- Surprisingly, a great deal of rich people leave their car and house doors open. Conversely, in areas of poverty, you'll find that this behavior is highly unlikely to happen. Rich people have the tendency to trust those they meet (within reason) and give others the opportunity to be themselves.
- 2a. Poor people find fault ( 窮人找錯誤 )
- People who are poor are always looking for the problems instead of the solutions. They end up blaming their environment, circumstances, jobs, weather, government, and will make an extensive list of excuses as to why they cannot be successful.
- 2b. Rich people find success ( 富人尋覓成功之道 )
- Rich people understand that everything happens for a reason. Rather than letting life happen to them, they take direct action and make big things happen. They put aside all the excuses and eradicate their blame lists because they have to do what must be done.
- 3a. Poor people make assumptions ( 窮人常做假設 )
- When it comes to knowing the truth, poor people often make assumptions. If they want to reach out to a celebrity, they might say, "They probably don't have time to talk to me." Instead of checking the facts or asking questions, they never make a true attempt when it comes to getting what they want.
- 3b. Rich people ask questions ( 富人常問問題 )
- Many rich people ask the question, "What if?" For instance, "What if I wrote an email to the president and he or she answers?" If you begin to ask questions, you will save yourself a lot of hassle. The power is in the hands of those who ask the right questions. They don't answer your questions, question your answers.
- 4a. Poor people say, "They" and "Them" ( 窮人常說“他們”和“他們” )
- In the grocery store, the woman at the register said, "They never have enough cashiers. I don't know what's wrong with them." Obviously, this woman did not take any ownership and responsibility over her job. She certainly did separate herself from the job that was paying her.
- 4b. Rich people say, "We" ( 富人常說“我們” )
- At one of my favorite restaurants, the server said, "We take great delight in cooking our steaks in real fire." His sense of pride and ownership stimulated me, which allowed me to give him an honorable tip. Surely, you will be rich when you invest more into what you believe in.
- 5a. Poor people want the cheapest way ( 窮人常選擇最便宜的方式 )
- I was once shopping with a friend who only wanted to buy if they could find the cheapest clothing. They would rush to the clearance rack and pick up clothes that they didn't even want, but ended up buying because of a "deal." Unfortunately, they ended up never wearing it since they only bought the price.
- 5b. Rich people want the best way ( 富人常選擇最好的方法 )
- Rich people will go the extra mile to find quality material. They don't limit themselves to price and often seek service while they shop. Rich people want organized services and will never settle with items that are worthless and unusable.
- 6a. Poor people think money is more important than time ( 窮人認為金錢比時間更重要 )
- Millions of people all over the world are trading their precious time for money. You can always get $500 back, but you can't get 50 hours again. Nonetheless, the majority of people trade time for money and never realize their true potential because of it.
- 6b. Rich people know that time is more important than money ( 富人認為時間比金錢更重要 )
- Rich people never trade time for money. Moreover, they seek fulfilling experiences that dramatically alter their lives. Their careers are more focused on doing what they love and helping others, instead of merely clocking in for a meager paycheck.
- 7a. Poor people compete ( 窮人只知競爭 )
- When a poor person sees an opportunity, they find out how others are doing it and emulates them. Most often, they never consider another way of doing it. Instead, they settle in the belief that doing what others are doing is the best thing they can do for themselves.
- 7b. Rich people create ( 富人創造機會 )
- My rich neighbors were disgruntled when they found that their Porsche did not come in a specific shade of green, which they deeply wanted. Because of this, they decided to custom build their green Porsche with unprecedented specifications. I've never seen such a thing!
- 8a. Poor people complain, condemn, and criticize ( 窮人抱怨，譴責和批判 )
- Most poor people have learned how to be poor from their predecessors. Their family members have conditioned them to believe that everything is "wrong" instead of right. If you're ever heard someone ask, "What's wrong?" you'll know what I mean.
- 8b. Rich people praise and enjoy their blessings ( 富人讚揚和感恩他們的祝福 )
- Rich people know that they have many privileges and they don't take it for granted. Because of their appreciation of gifts, love, and circumstances, they are able to generate more. Many times, what gets praised gets prospered.
- 9a. Poor people seek amateur advice ( 窮人常尋求非專業意見 )
- They often listen to the opinions of others and seek approval from acquaintances. They believe almost everything they hear without questioning authority. They accept opinions as facts and prohibit themselves from doing research once satisfied with an answer.
- 9b. Rich people seek expert advice ( 富人們徵求專家意見 )
- Those who are rich have learned to think for themselves. If they cannot figure out something, they seek expert advice. Usually, they pay for the advice and are given a wide variety of options. They learn the experts only make suggestions, which means that they aren't particularly confined to a specific action.
- 10a. Poor people have big television sets ( 窮人喜愛有大電視機 )
- Poor people take a lot of time to drift off to sporadic images of which they often have little to no control over. They use their free time to avoid the art of thinking (which is the most challenging task) and zone out to what many have conformed to believe is "entertainment."
- 10b. Rich people have big libraries ( 富人喜愛有大知識庫 )
- Wealthy people are educated and read a lot of books. They use their knowledge in a way that benefits them. Instead of drifting off in random activities, they seek to get within their minds to understand themselves, others, and the world in which they live. In fact, as your personal library increase over the years, so will your home. I can attest to this!
7 Main Differences Between Rich And Poor People
Most people want to be rich, but most of them are poor, why? There must be some differences between rich people and poor people. If you study carefully, you will find out why rich and successful people are able to produce amazing results in their life, and why some people are living in poverty.
To be rich and successful, you don’t need to be lucky, extremely hard working or you need to have a college diploma or a university degree.
What you need, is the right mindset and the right mindset will form the right habit. As a result, the right habit will lead you toward the financial abundance kind of lifestyle that you always desire.
So here are the 7 main differences between rich and poor people…
- Rich people believe that they create their lives while poor people believe that life happens to them.
- Can you see why rich and successful people are able to create amazing results in their life right now? It is simply because they are in control of their lives. They believe that they are the ones who is responsible for their lives, they are the ones who is creating their future, not the economy or the knowledge or luck. On the other hand, poor people will always give excuses and blame on the circumstances.
- When they failed in their business, they will blame the economy, their boss, their family or anything that did not go according to their plan. Whenever you believe that life happens to you, you will lose the power to change and the power to control your future. You must believe that you’re the one who is creating your future, not other people or events.
- This is a big mindset difference. Have you ever seen people invest in the stock market? Some people are so afraid that they will lose their money and they form a mindset that blocks their creativity. They formed the mindset of ‘investing not to lose the money.’However, rich and successful people know exactly how they need to think in order to win the game of money.
- They will think and act from the view of playing the game to win. Unlike poor people, they will never invest just not to lose the money.
- When you face with problems, what are you focus on? Are you focus on the problems, thinking how bad the situation is going to be? Or are you focusing on the solution and thinking about how you can solve or even turn the situation into opportunity? Think about this carefully. No matter who you are, you will definitely face with all kinds of choices in your life. And when you need to decide to move on, try to notice on you thinking, what do you focus on, the solution, or the problem?
- When I tell my parents that I want to make a million dollar, they will tell me, “Why do you need so much money? You can live a very good lifestyle if you got a job that has a good pay. You don’t need to be a millionaire.” I don’t know about you, but this statement happens to me all the time. And I definitely believe that poor people will tend to think small while rich people always think big.
- To poor people, they will think that rich people are greedy because they always think big. Is it true that you are being greedy if you think big? I don’t know if I buy this, but to me, I’ll think of it as a waste if you’re not using the resources available (your thinking) to you at full. Don’t you owe it to everyone around you to create a better life for them? Don’t you want your family to live good? So think big and create the abundance lifestyle for these people right now.
- If you’re not committed to be rich, you can never be rich. How many times have you heard people say that they want to be rich, but they never do anything about it?
- This is the mentality of poor people. They will just think about how good it is going to be if they are rich, but they will never do anything about their dreams. They know that they cannot afford a luxury car if they have a low pay job. The thing is, they never do anything to change it.
- On the contrary, rich and successful people are committed toward their dreams. They will do whatever it takes, in the boundary or moral and ethics of course, to achieve their dreams.
- I’m not suggesting that you need to stop making friends with poor people, what I’m suggesting it, try to get to know more about rich people. The more you mix with them, the more you will think like them. And if you think like them, you will start to create amazing results just like them.
- If most of your friends are poor and their working salary all are below, $2,000, you will be having the same range of salary most of the time. However, if you associate with rich people who are making $2,000 in just a day, you will start to see the possibility of what you can accomplish in your life.
- And this will change your thinking of what you can achieve in your life. $2,000 will become a small amount for you once you changed your mindset about money.
You now know what are the 7 main differences between rich and poor people. Do what rich people do and try to avoid the adopting the mindset and habits of the poor.
This will guarantee you a financial abundance lifestyle.
- 看趨勢、對方向比什麼都重要；( Trend )
- 看遠景、產業趨勢；( Vision )
- 看生意模式、商業模式及創新之價值；( Business model )
- 重閱讀、知識、人脈，非常多富人有大量知識及閱讀習慣；( Knowledge、Connection )
- 看重健康，知道感恩 ( healthy & blessing life )
- 看重執行力、選最好的來運作 ( Execution、do the best )
- 看重投資及生意模式之財務績效成長率及風險，指數型成長，還是線型成長 ( Profit、Risk model )
- 生意模式之獲利方式也要搞清楚，利基在那裡也要搞清楚。( 生意模式、知識、閱讀是成長的柺杖 )。
- 足夠的耐心等待時機、足夠的恆心毅力，了解該堅持是什麼 ( Patient、Determination
- 一個產業或投資之成長，不是所有行業或方式賺的錢是一樣多的，投資賺錢模式要對 ( What is the key and secret in the great success of business and investment model ? )
- 如何讓富人投資台灣 ( How to make rich people invest and live in Taiwan? )
- 為什麼貧富差距問題，永遠無法解決？( Why the gap between the rich and the poor will never be solved? )
- 讓錢自己流進來 II 自己就是聚寶盆 - 心得
- 開始學投資(一) 從閱讀開始
- 富人賺錢秘訣 : ( Secret To Be Rich )
- 用心於不交易 - 讀書心得 ( Investment approach in less trading )
- 投資理財是一生努力，該如何學習做 ( how to learn the investment ? )
- 台商悟出「10年線投資法」 每次出手獲利翻倍
- 書堆中長大 義大利研究：成年後更有錢
- 學霸作家年薪5840萬 4國炒房搖身地產女王